Marathon of the Daleks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Elite (Fifth, 2011)

2 posters

Go down

The Elite (Fifth, 2011) Empty The Elite (Fifth, 2011)

Post  Admin Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:35 am

The Elite

The Elite (Fifth, 2011) The_el10

There are plenty of stories of Doctor Who that never made it to the screen for one reason or another. This isn't the BBC wiping them this time! Big Finish is happy to put those stories into a new adaptation and available to listen to. Here's one with Peter Davison as the Fifth Doctor and his companions Tegan and Nyssa.

Here's a brief synopsis: "The Doctor offers Tegan and Nyssa a trip to the paradise world of Florana, but instead the TARDIS takes them to a domed city on a planet scarred by warfare. A world where everyone is young, and fighting for the glory of the Elite...

Hidden away in The Cathedral of Power, the High Priest is watching. It knows the Doctor, and his arrival changes everything..."

This is available to buy at BigFinish.com

What did you think of this one? Could this have been a successful episode? How were his companions in this one? Were their Daleks in this one? There better have been....

Admin
Admin

https://daleks.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Elite (Fifth, 2011) Empty Re: The Elite (Fifth, 2011)

Post  michellemanzo Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:45 pm

So, this would have made a pretty good episode had they actually made it. If nothing else, it's a fun audio drama to listen to now.

I thought it was interesting that, although he set the elements of the story in motion, the Dalek wasn't a huge part of the story. He obviously landed there and started the war and all, but a lot of what this story actually focuses on is the aftermaths of his actions. I also liked seeing the different roles Nyssa and Tegan play. Intriguing that behind a lot of the conflict is a fanatical religion.

I loved the ending when they realize that they've been on Florana the whole time, just in it's past. They learn the beauty was built on ashes, and that was sort of a cool ending.

I always like the 5th Doctor as well, so definitely enjoyable to listen to as I was....ironing.

michellemanzo

Back to top Go down

The Elite (Fifth, 2011) Empty Fun

Post  Admin Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:16 pm

I can definitely see how this could have been a TV show. It would have been a really cool serial because before the New Series, we never saw a lone Dalek story. Yet having that distance allowed them to have a little bit more tongue-in-cheek humor. Teagan still bugs me as a companion and Nyssa is now starting to feel too perfect of a companion. Someone like Jamie was very loyal like her, but also had his own flaws due to his education. Nyssa seems a bit bland now but I felt that for a lot of the Fifth Doctor run.

Anywho, this was a good story though. I liked the planet and the characters even though they were a bit familiar. One of the twists early on is very very similar to a popular sci-fi book that is about to be made into a movie. (Vagueness!) I really liked how the Dalek positioned himself as god among them; that felt very in "character".

Admin
Admin

https://daleks.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Elite (Fifth, 2011) Empty Re: The Elite (Fifth, 2011)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down