Marathon of the Daleks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Craig Ferguson and the Dalek (Comedy Sketch, 2010)

+3
Peter Wood
michellemanzo
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Craig Ferguson and the Dalek (Comedy Sketch, 2010) Empty Craig Ferguson and the Dalek (Comedy Sketch, 2010)

Post  Admin Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:02 pm

Craig Ferguson and the Dalek

Craig Ferguson and the Dalek (Comedy Sketch, 2010) Craig_10

Of all the late night talk shows, I easily love Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson the most. It's not just because he's a big Doctor Who fan who regularly has on actors from the show. It's because every episode feels fresh thanks to him improvising his entire monologue and has interviews with his guest like real people, not just pre-approved stories awkwardly driven out by celebrities.

Anywho one of his monologues was about explaining to his American audience what a Dalek is and why you should be terrifed by them, especially when they are excited.

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfCaxb2yB60

What did you think? Do you watch Craig Ferguson? Could Geoff win against the Dalek?

Admin
Admin

https://daleks.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Craig Ferguson and the Dalek (Comedy Sketch, 2010) Empty Again with the joke about stairs

Post  michellemanzo Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:49 pm

I mean, I get it. I do, but it sure does get old fast, "HAHA the dalek couldn't go up stairs. But now it can. But it's still funny."

I liked how he sort of went about it as introducing them to a new audience and relating his personal experience to watching them in Doctor Who as a kid. I also like how he seems genuinely excited to have a Dalek and on his set and to be plugging Doctor Who.

michellemanzo

Back to top Go down

Craig Ferguson and the Dalek (Comedy Sketch, 2010) Empty Don't Get Too Excited

Post  Admin Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:09 am

I adore Craig Ferguson. I love how with every monologue he just goes up there and sees what works. His love for Doctor Who is all over the show. Look up him providing lyrics to the theme song or any of his interviews with the cast. He brings up the show with other guests as well just because he loves it. I read the Entertainment Weekly article tonight and there he is talking about how much he loves the show.

Is the his best monologue? Absolutely not. Yet what's awesome is that he's trying to educate his small audience about the awesomeness of Doctor Who. Also he's just happy to have his own Dalek. Even if it's dead.

Admin
Admin

https://daleks.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Craig Ferguson and the Dalek (Comedy Sketch, 2010) Empty Re: Craig Ferguson and the Dalek (Comedy Sketch, 2010)

Post  Peter Wood Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:05 am

Yeah, I've seen much better monologues from him. This wasn't about the jokes, it was about "you need to know what this thing is and why I like it". Especially as Doctor Who gains popularity in America, it comes off as a little patronizing. I saw the episode where they ran the Series 6 trailer, and he chastised the audience for applauding it because "you don't know what you just saw!"

At least the stairs thing didn't take a whole five minutes.

Peter Wood

Back to top Go down

Craig Ferguson and the Dalek (Comedy Sketch, 2010) Empty Re: Craig Ferguson and the Dalek (Comedy Sketch, 2010)

Post  robbiemehling Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:01 pm

Not the funniest thing in the world, but I love his love of the show. He's trying to genuinely tell his audience about this program and get them to watch it. I've not seen that in a lot of late night talk show hosts.

robbiemehling

Back to top Go down

Craig Ferguson and the Dalek (Comedy Sketch, 2010) Empty RE: Craig Ferguson and the Daleks

Post  rclark Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:33 am

“OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, RUN!” I love Craig Ferguson’s obsession with Doctor Who and I also love how every now and then on his show he talks about it, trying to get more people into the show. I don’t think, or at least it didn’t seem like he was trying to be funny, he just wanted to spend three minutes of his show explaining the Daleks and why we should be frightened by them. Daleks are just another reason Doctor Who is so fascinating. This is one of the many reasons he has become one of my favorite night-time talk show hosts.

rclark

Back to top Go down

Craig Ferguson and the Dalek (Comedy Sketch, 2010) Empty "Isn't that adorable?"

Post  SaraRaeRust Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:23 am

I especially enjoyed this little bit because of how brave Craig Ferguson was. While I know that Dalek's aren't "real" I still wouldn't be able to walk in front of one the way he did. Same with angel statues. He makes a joke about the plungeresque appendage which I appreciated since it was the first thing I noticed when I was introduced to the Dalek's. It's also what makes them so great though, it's clearly a piece of imagination brought to life. I like this a lot better than what I imagine it would have looked like had the technology been more advanced all those years ago. I like that he mentioned the stairs because it's a valid point to bring up, that they can fly now. Summary: My crush on Craig Ferguson's brain has increased and I now have to watch the rest of the interviews with Doctor Who people (especially David Tennant).
SaraRaeRust
SaraRaeRust

Back to top Go down

Craig Ferguson and the Dalek (Comedy Sketch, 2010) Empty They're Adorable!

Post  pedaubry Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:58 pm

I also love the Daleks. I've full on switched sides, and this helped. this bit was so fun i'm watching it now again as i type. If i'm ever watching Doctor Who and a Dalek eyepiece sticks straight up and stays up i'm gonna die laughing.

pedaubry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum