Marathon of the Daleks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Curse of the Fatal Death (Comedy sketch, 1999)

+2
michellemanzo
Admin
6 posters

Go down

The Curse of the Fatal Death (Comedy sketch, 1999) Empty The Curse of the Fatal Death (Comedy sketch, 1999)

Post  Admin Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:41 am

The Curse of the Fatal Death

The Curse of the Fatal Death (Comedy sketch, 1999) The_cu10

Every year there is an event called Comic Relief where some of the biggest comedy names put together a show to raise money for kids. In 1999, ten years after Doctor Who was canceled, a small TV writer named Steven Moffat wrote a parody tribute.

This is hysterical. Rowan Atkinson plays The Doctor and Jonathan Pryce as The Master. The Doctor is trying to retire and get married, but his greatest foe has other plans. There are more surprise cameos so go in knowing as little as you can. The sketch has all the timey-wimey stuff we've come to expect from Moffat and a ton of wit.

You can watch the 20 minute comedy right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do-wDPoC6GM

What did you think of that? Were you surprised by anything? What was the funniest line? Wait, when is he going to explain? Later?

Admin
Admin

https://daleks.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Curse of the Fatal Death (Comedy sketch, 1999) Empty You're just not the man I fell in love with...

Post  michellemanzo Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:30 pm

I think if there's one word for this it's...hilarious. I could barely keep track of all the quotables.

I enjoyed the start of the Doctor and the Master constantly anticipating the other going back in time and trying to one-up another. Nothing like 900 years in a sewer...good thing the daleks don't have noses!

I also like that they pointed out things like...the daleks always say they're going to exterminate you, but change their mind at the last minute! And why ARE there chairs on a dalek spaceship? I like this because they are sort of "obvious." But not as obvious as...stairs.

I adored most the cameos too, it was a fun little sequence there. Naturally, my favorite was Hugh Grant. Because he's Hugh Grant.

"Look after the universe for me...I've put a lot of work into it.

michellemanzo

Back to top Go down

The Curse of the Fatal Death (Comedy sketch, 1999) Empty Re: The Curse of the Fatal Death (Comedy sketch, 1999)

Post  robbiemehling Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:28 pm

Oh my 'lanta... This was amazing. The Master was great. Falling down the hole so many times. The Doctor's transformations. This is the best twenty minutes I've spent in a long time.

The Daleks were great. And why do they have chairs?

robbiemehling

Back to top Go down

The Curse of the Fatal Death (Comedy sketch, 1999) Empty The Curse of the Fatal Death.

Post  rclark Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:50 am

Hahaha. This is too funny. I have seen this before and it is just as funny the second time. I love how Steen Moffat wrote a great sketch dealing with the fact that if something doesn’t work out the way you intended the first time, why not just keep going back in time and try it again!

I did learn one thing about Daleks through this sketch, they have no noses!

The only part that would have bothered me would have been the communicating through farts because I never find that kind of humor funny. But since they didn't make any sounds and just used facial features, it worked for me.

I loved the scene where the Doctor kept regenerating. The Doctor is now a woman! Great beginning, middle, and end.

rclark

Back to top Go down

The Curse of the Fatal Death (Comedy sketch, 1999) Empty Moffat Remains the Man

Post  Admin Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:59 pm

This remains the funniest Doctor Who sketches I've ever seen. It's because Moffat is such a nerd about the show that he knows a whole new set of things to make fun of. The lack of explaining anything, Daleks having chairs, just how camp The Master is. Really hysterical stuff and even though he goes into very sophomoric humor for a lot of it, he still does that with cleverness for as we know...the Daleks don't have noses. Fantastic stuff.

Admin
Admin

https://daleks.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Curse of the Fatal Death (Comedy sketch, 1999) Empty Re: The Curse of the Fatal Death (Comedy sketch, 1999)

Post  Peter Wood Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:00 pm

I showed this to my parents tonight. The fart jokes didn't play well, but I haven't discussed this with anybody who did like them. The time travel one-upmanship was popular, and I was kind of surprised how much my mom liked the Master continually falling into the sewers. My dad got a kick out of "I'll explain later."

I always think of this as a Master story, not a Dalek story. Nobody appreciates the sonic screwdriver's "three settings" joke as much as I do.

Peter Wood

Back to top Go down

The Curse of the Fatal Death (Comedy sketch, 1999) Empty My Delightful Dalek Bumps.

Post  pedaubry Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:52 pm

This was funny as hell. I loved... everything about this. Dalek Bumps.

pedaubry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum