Marathon of the Daleks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revelation of the Daleks (Sixth, 1985)

3 posters

Go down

Revelation of the Daleks (Sixth, 1985) Empty Revelation of the Daleks (Sixth, 1985)

Post  Admin Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:01 am

Revelation of the Daleks

Revelation of the Daleks (Sixth, 1985) Revela10

Every Doctor has a Dalek story and this is Colin Baker's. Colin Baker was a bit of a difficult Doctor. On one hand his arrogant personality is a new take on the character and provides for a lot of strong humor for the show. The other side is that, everything else tends to be a mess. His costume is ridiculous, the stories aren't that great and he had some worst companions ever with Peri and Mel.

This story, I swear, is one of his better ones. Take that as you will. There is a really cool subplot that sets up a great cliffhanger. Also there are a bunch of bizarre things that you should just openly laugh at. If you want to try out the Sixth Doctor and as a Whovian you ought to, this is a solid one.

This serial is on DVD (cheaply) at a number of places.

What did you think? Do you like Colin Baker? Were the Daleks used well? What did you think of the direction? This is the only director who worked on the Classic series (This and The Caves of Androzani) and the new series (Utopia, The Stolen Earth, Journey's End, The Waters of Mars and more).

Admin
Admin

https://daleks.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Revelation of the Daleks (Sixth, 1985) Empty Revelation of the Daleks

Post  michellemanzo Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:11 pm

The Davros head was really creepy. I was actually pretty glad when he showed up in his normal way.

Speaking of creepy, how about the Daleks trying to turn all the people in suspended animation into Daleks!? I mean, gross.

These Daleks were kind of cool-looking since they were all white with the gold accents, it's nice to see their design changed up a little bit. I think it's always interesting to see different types of Daleks face off against each other and that Davros isn't considered 'master' by all of the Daleks. creates a rivalry among Daleks which is a great added dimension.

Gotta say though, the 6th Doctor is kind of an asshole. I didn't love that the first thing he did was tell his companion she eats too much. I mean, really? Honestly, my least favorite of the Doctors based on what I've watched.

The DJ also was really annoying...just kind of a weird part of the plot that didn't seem executed all that well.

Overall though, a pretty enjoyable Doctor Who story. I liked that it was definitely something different in comparison to a lot of the Dalek episodes we've seen.

michellemanzo

Back to top Go down

Revelation of the Daleks (Sixth, 1985) Empty Re: Revelation of the Daleks (Sixth, 1985)

Post  robbiemehling Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:01 pm

I enjoyed the premise but I feel like the execution fell incredibly short. It was way too corny for my tastes. And by the third time the DJ appeared I was about to shut it off. Overall, not bad, I guess.

I kind of enjoyed the Sixth Doctor. He was an asshole, but it made things different. "It would take a mountain to crush that ego."

Agreed, Davros was very creepy and will never be respected by the Daleks. I love that they grudgingly have to keep him around. \

I'll need to watch some more serials before I can give a final opinion on this Doctor. I think it might take some time to get used to how different it is.

robbiemehling

Back to top Go down

Revelation of the Daleks (Sixth, 1985) Empty Re: Revelation of the Daleks (Sixth, 1985)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down