Marathon of the Daleks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Victory of the Daleks (Eleventh, 2010)

4 posters

Go down

Victory of the Daleks (Eleventh, 2010) Empty Victory of the Daleks (Eleventh, 2010)

Post  Admin Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:17 pm

Victory of the Daleks

Victory of the Daleks (Eleventh, 2010) Victor10

In the third episode of Season Five, The Doctor answers a call from an old friend only to discover his greatest enemy.

This episode has a few particular ties to the Second Doctor serial Power of the Daleks. Is it better? Did you like the World War II setting? Do you kinda wish there was Rose hanging from a rope in the sky in the background? What do you think of the Daleks design? Did you Google what a "jammy dodger" is?

This episode is available on Amazon Prime, Netflix Instant and DVD/Blu-Ray.

Admin
Admin

https://daleks.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Victory of the Daleks (Eleventh, 2010) Empty The Victory of the Daleks

Post  michellemanzo Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:31 pm

I finished “Planet of the Daleks” and decided I wanted to get at least one more Doctor Who story in before the night was out. I didn’t really want to commit to another serial and want to wait for the “The Stolen Earth” and “Journey’s End” until I’ve see Davros in the classic serials since I haven’t before.

I was trying to think of a good stand-alone episode to watch and “Victory of the Daleks” sprung to mind! It seems like a good way to cap the day since I started with “Power of the Daleks.”

I honestly like this version of the story much, MUCH better. Maybe because it’s in HD and actually has motion. Honestly though, I really enjoy the WWII setting and think it gets the idea across a little bit better. Plus, there are Spitfires IN SPACE. I know a lot of people think that’s really silly, but I sort of love it. I mean, it’s Doctor Who. Everything is a little bit silly.

Once they get along creating their ‘pure’ Daleks (in pretty colors!), I like how the Daleks have a relatively simple plan: turn on the lights in London. That’s all it takes for maximum destruction.

Something that’s great about this episode is that it really shows how much the Doctor despises the Daleks. How much it infuriates him every time they come back and how he hates the idea of them getting away. AGAIN. But, at least he and Amy get a Dalek creation to convince himself he’s human. That’s pretty brilliant.

Let’s face it though, the thing I like most about this episode?

Winston Churchill.

…..and the jammy-dodger.

I think it’s safe to see we’ll see this ‘master race’ of Daleks again in “Asylum of the Daleks.” They’re probably the ones that organized the whole damn thing! They should be a great addition.

michellemanzo

Back to top Go down

Victory of the Daleks (Eleventh, 2010) Empty Re: Victory of the Daleks (Eleventh, 2010)

Post  robbiemehling Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:30 pm

This is a really good stand alone episode that it just plain fun. I love how infuriated the Doctor becomes when he has to convince everybody that it's a Dalek. Good fun. The new Daleks are fun and oh so colorful and we get some Dalek versus Dalek action.

I really like Danny Boy and how he makes his come back in the next season.

Like Michelle said, the plan is great. And the army person that just stands there watching and yelling at Hitler is hilarious.

robbiemehling

Back to top Go down

Victory of the Daleks (Eleventh, 2010) Empty RE: Victory of the Daleks

Post  rclark Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:11 pm

I love anytime Doctor Who goes back in time mainly because I love history and seeing how the show uses past real events and people to interact with the Doctor who unfortunately is not real. And Winston Churchill was great in this episode.

I also agree with Robbie, I think my favorite part is the Doctor trying to convince people that these things are Daleks.

I think this is also great episode for us getting to know the new companion, seeing what she will be like with the Doctor. Although as a side note, it was a lot more fun and still is when it is Amy and Rory rather than just Amy.

Like everyone else said, this is a fun episode and Matt Smith can do no wrong in my eyes.

rclark

Back to top Go down

Victory of the Daleks (Eleventh, 2010) Empty Re: Victory of the Daleks (Eleventh, 2010)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down