Marathon of the Daleks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultimate Adventure (Sixth, 2008)

2 posters

Go down

The Ultimate Adventure (Sixth, 2008) Empty The Ultimate Adventure (Sixth, 2008)

Post  Admin Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:35 am

The Ultimate Adventure

The Ultimate Adventure (Sixth, 2008) Ultima10

Don't just think Doctor Who is limited to television, books, comics, movies, and radio. It was also seen on stage in England because of course it was. Big Finish adapted three of those plays and made them into audio dramas. This one even has The Sixth Doctor playing The Doctor. I'm not sure if he played the role on stage though. Here's this story:

"The Daleks have allied themselves with the Cybermen and a deadly band of mercenaries. The future of Earth depends upon a vital peace conference. And Mrs T knows that only one Time Lord can save the world.

There are epic battles. There are betrayals. There is love, and there are even songs."

Songs? This has songs? Oh boy.

This can be bought on BigFinish.com

What did you think? How were the songs? Is Mrs T related to Mr. T? Well I guess she's have to be, right?

Admin
Admin

https://daleks.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Adventure (Sixth, 2008) Empty Re: The Ultimate Adventure (Sixth, 2008)

Post  michellemanzo Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:57 pm

Oh my god. The songs in this are SO BAD. I think my ears are bleeding.

I mean, the story seemed to start well with the Dalek-Cyberman-Mercenaries alliance trying to stop these peace talks, but that just sort of disappeared for a little while. Instead it's, let's sing a ridiculous song! Let's make Zog our friend! Let's learn to steer a spaceship! Let's fly! Let's diffuse a bomb by putting it in a pot of tea! I mean.....really!?!?!

The one moment I did like is when the Doctor is reflecting on his companions and how much he misses them...but how he knows they always find happiness elsewhere. It was sweet, and I liked how Crystal decided to stay with Jason and the Doctor. But, sadly the last 3 minutes don't really make up for the rest of it.

michellemanzo

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Adventure (Sixth, 2008) Empty Oh Man...

Post  Admin Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:17 pm

I've enjoyed all of the audio dramas for one reason or another, except this one. And who wrote it? Our good friend Terry Nation. What happened here? Yes, the songs really are that bad. I would have been completely game for cheesy show tunes about the show, not a rip-off of A Whole New World between two horrible characters falling in love. The plot is beyond stupid because 98% of it is filler. "Oh I guess we're in the French Revolution again for no reason....back to the shady bar!" Also all of the writing is dumbed down for an audio drama. Everyone else was able to tell a story without having all of the characters constantly narrating what's in front of them. It's also very underproduced. When they're attacked by meteors why not have a sound effect or two. Just terrible all around, but thankfully it was fascinatingly bad so it went by at a decent pace (even if the story wasn't.)

Admin
Admin

https://daleks.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Adventure (Sixth, 2008) Empty Re: The Ultimate Adventure (Sixth, 2008)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum