Marathon of the Daleks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dalek Empire III - The Future (None, 2004)

4 posters

Go down

Dalek Empire III - The Future (None, 2004) Empty Dalek Empire III - The Future (None, 2004)

Post  Admin Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:27 pm

Dalek Empire III - The Future

Dalek Empire III - The Future (None, 2004) Dalek_15

This is part 6 of 6 for Dalek Empire III. Once again, no Doctor, just Daleks. Dun dun! Also we still have David Tennant as a voice actor!

"'Maybe this chapter of history will be a bad one. Another one in which the Daleks win. But maybe it won't be.' It would seem that not even Saloran Hardew knows what the future will hold."

This can be purchased at a cheap price at BigFinish.com

What did you think? Was this a nice conclusion for this series? Was six a good length or was it too long?

Admin
Admin

https://daleks.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dalek Empire III - The Future (None, 2004) Empty The Future

Post  michellemanzo Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:22 pm

The battle in this is pretty awesome. It's this kind of quality in people that is celebrated in Doctor Who. These people go into battle knowing they're going to die, but are willing to make the sacrifice to do what is right.

And once again, the Daleks fail to understand humans...they don't understand why anyone would want to be different from them. To them, Daleks are the superior species...why wouldn't the humans want to be like them? They always fail to understand the race they're trying to rule over. People are always going to fight back, find a way to survive, find a way to win.

I actually thought this had a really great ending too. It wasn't exactly 'happy,' but the final twist is pretty smart and watching Galanar seemingly lose all his optimism and to snap and kill Elaria. It's so interesting seeing him teeter right on that edge and then turn around to the Supreme Dalek and talk about what it means to be human. In the end it all comes down to the fact that Daleks can't comprehend humanity. It's such a constant theme in all the Dalek episodes, and I love it ending on that note here, even when it seems the Daleks have triumphed. Looking forward to Dalek Empire IV! Not sure if I'm going to start that soon or listen to the ones that got released in-between yet.

Oh and, my gosh Tennant is great. I like to think that this role helped get him the role of the Doctor. He's just fantastic, and his character does remind me of the 10th Doctor in a lot of ways.

michellemanzo

Back to top Go down

Dalek Empire III - The Future (None, 2004) Empty Re: Dalek Empire III - The Future (None, 2004)

Post  robbiemehling Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:22 pm

And the Daleks win!

Definitely agree about Tennant. I loved the mannerisms he was portraying simply thru his voice. I noticed a lot of similar characteristics from his Doctor performances. I never noticed how awesome his voice is on the show.

Again on this one, they do a great job of capturing the despair and hopelessness of a Dalek invasion. But with this one, it's on a personal level and short time frame instead of the galactic and long reaching time frame of the first two series.

I do think I'm gonna take a break for the final Dalek Empire and listen to a few Doctor stories.

robbiemehling

Back to top Go down

Dalek Empire III - The Future (None, 2004) Empty The Past...

Post  Admin Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:29 pm

Okay I actually listened to this two days ago, I just forgot to write the entry for it. I thought it was a good wrap-up. Nothing game-changing like Dalek Empire I, but something really satisfying. I found the action to be rather exciting and Tennant rocked it. This was him the most as The Doctor. Not because he asked for a companion--although that helped--but because of the last few minutes of him rambling to the Daleks about humanity. Very well written six-parter.

Admin
Admin

https://daleks.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dalek Empire III - The Future (None, 2004) Empty EVERYONE WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Post  pedaubry Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:58 pm

so they make it to Valisha (the wardens, Galenar and his fellow superhuman thing, Sye and others) and there's a Dalek ship right on their tails. The Daleks had made these superpeople to find out as much about themselves as they could (cause they know nothing of where they come from or what happenend in the Great Catastrophe and stuff (since Susan fucked they shit out of all them)) and they knew there would be a ton of good info on Valisha (and they don't want the humans to succeed in getting the word out that the Daleks are lame). oh and hey, turns out Susan's the new Dalek Supreme sorta. yeah, then the Daleks land on Valisha and a huge battle goes down and everyone dies (except maybe Galenar and prolly Sye) but i think they succeed cause the next one has the humans and Daleks at war (again).

pedaubry

Back to top Go down

Dalek Empire III - The Future (None, 2004) Empty Re: Dalek Empire III - The Future (None, 2004)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down