Marathon of the Daleks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Parting of the Ways (Ninth, 2005)

5 posters

Go down

The Parting of the Ways (Ninth, 2005) Empty The Parting of the Ways (Ninth, 2005)

Post  Admin Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:04 am

The Parting of the Ways

The Parting of the Ways (Ninth, 2005) The_pa11

In the Season One finale, it's no longer just one Dalek but a whole bunch of them. Thousands upon thousands. Needless to say we're all doomed.

What did you think of this one? Was the "Bad Wolf" resolution satisfying? Do you see why these are The Doctor's greatest enemy? Also how about that ending? Do you think the new guy is going to suck?

This episode is available on Amazon Prime, Netflix Instant and DVD.

Admin
Admin

https://daleks.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Parting of the Ways (Ninth, 2005) Empty Re: The Parting of the Ways (Ninth, 2005)

Post  robbiemehling Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:17 pm

I must not blaspheme. A very good episode. Just to see the mass hordes of Daleks was a wee bit frightening. Mickey and Jackie were still annoying but at least they were actually useful as compared to other episodes.

The Bad Wolf Entity... Wow. Even on repeat viewings it's a bit chilling to see Rose unleash all that power and exterminate all the Daleks just like nothing. Why Bad Wolf, I still don't understand. But whatever. I still enjoy the transformation into the tenth doctor.

I liked seeing Rose get a bit jealous of Lynda with a Y.

robbiemehling

Back to top Go down

The Parting of the Ways (Ninth, 2005) Empty "Rose, you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And you know what? So was I."

Post  michellemanzo Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:53 pm

Throughout the entire first season I wasn't really sure how I felt about Doctor Who. I mean, sometimes it was good. Sometimes it was...farting aliens. But this episode made me be like, "Holy crap, this is amazing." And it was just the beginning!

Seeing the sheer number of Daleks floating out through space is certainly a bit terrifying. We saw the destruction just one Dalek could do...and this...a whole army. They obviously make their way through satellite 5 with minimal issues though. That is, until they meet Rose Tyler. I always loved how the companion was the one to sort of be the hero in this. I mean, sure the Doctor had to absorb the time vortex and regenerate, but damn. That moment where she just gets rids of all the daleks and brings Jack back? That's badassery right there.

Although, I won't forget that the whole 'bring Jack back to life' ended up resulting in 'Torchwood: Miracle Day.' So you know, there's always a downside.

I've always been a Rose fan though and this is one of my favorite parts of the new series. "Oh you know, just another day with the Doctor. Took in time vortex. Defeated dalek army. Whatevs."

michellemanzo

Back to top Go down

The Parting of the Ways (Ninth, 2005) Empty Rose Saves the Day

Post  LFeavel Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:54 am

I had only previously seen the last half of this episode, when my roommate roped me into seeing the Eccleston/Tennant change. So going back and seeing the entire thing heightened my respect for the Daleks a little bit. At least I got one explanation as to how they survived the Time War. Also, seeing a bit more emotion and unspoken dynamics being played out was great. The Doctor wasn't completely unaffected by the presence of the Daleks, and Rose showed both undying loyalty to the Doctor as well as unthinking disregard for Mickey.

I wanted some "Spock" in the "Bad Wolf" episode, and I got it in this one. I had forgotten how crazy awesome the Tardis/Rose salvation was. Although, this little dialogue killed me: "My head; it's killing me!" "I think you need a Doctor." Barf. But ya know. Gotta have some awesome sappiness in there somewhere.

LFeavel

Back to top Go down

The Parting of the Ways (Ninth, 2005) Empty I think you need a doctor

Post  SaraRaeRust Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:29 am

The first time I watched this episode my focus was clouded by the fact that this was my last episode with my first Doctor. Now that I'm in love with David Tennant (DT 4EVER) I can watch and catch things that I hadn't the first time around. For example: The first time I watched this episode I didn't catch Rose's jealousy or Captain Jack hitting on the male employee.

When Rose's mum shows up with the tow truck it restored my faith in the mission but when Lynda with a y was caught it added an element of drama and showed exactly how much the Doctor loves Rose, making her determination to save the Doctor even more heartbreaking.

Didn't Rose rule this episode?!
SaraRaeRust
SaraRaeRust

Back to top Go down

The Parting of the Ways (Ninth, 2005) Empty Oh Davies

Post  Admin Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:58 pm

I often criticize Russell T. Davies for his plotting. It drives me nuts because all of his plots are solved with a button or a "blah blah blah". This "blah blah blah" is the Delta Wave which is the ultimate sci-fi gibberish that can kill all the Daleks (and everyone) with a single plunger. (Fitting!) Then ultimately they don't even use this because he has another deus ex machina (Literally!) of the heart of the TARDIS with Rose.

So defeating the Daleks is easy, but I really like Davies when everything else works. Eccleston's last lines are wonderful, Captain Jack saying goodbye was very good but the scene that gave me the most chills was the projected version of The Doctor in the TARDIS. I've seen this before, I know what's going to happen but him turning in the recording to face Rose is just brilliant.

Once again, it's a very war themed heavy story of the Daleks. I liked that because this was the last hour of a war and the effects feel devastating. Those people shooting at the Daleks, harming one and then being killed was another effective scene. This is a very good episode! I probably like this more than The Stolen Earth which got a lot of love today. I'll get to it, eventually.

Admin
Admin

https://daleks.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Parting of the Ways (Ninth, 2005) Empty Re: The Parting of the Ways (Ninth, 2005)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down