Marathon of the Daleks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy of the Daleks (Eighth book, 1998)

2 posters

Go down

Legacy of the Daleks (Eighth book, 1998) Empty Legacy of the Daleks (Eighth book, 1998)

Post  Admin Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:26 am

Legacy of the Daleks

Legacy of the Daleks (Eighth book, 1998) Legacy10

The Eighth Doctor is back and so are those gosh darn Daleks. Once like again it's so cool that these stories are allowing the Eighth Doctor to even have a life beyond that crazy awful FOX movie. Also once again I haven't read this one so I'm just going to borrow the synopsis from Amazon.

"The Doctor is repairing the Tardis systems once again when it is swept up by a garbage ship roving space, the Quetzel. When another ship takes the Quetzel by force, the Doctor discovwers that he and Sam are not the only unwitting travellers aboard - Davros awakens."

Davros is my favorite Classic villain as the creator of the Daleks so this book sounds awesome.

You can find this book on Amazon and any other bookstore that sell used British sci-fi paperbacks.

What did you think of it? Is it better than War of the Daleks? Did you read War of the Daleks? Did you read this? Did you?! Wow.

Admin
Admin

https://daleks.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Legacy of the Daleks (Eighth book, 1998) Empty Re: Legacy of the Daleks (Eighth book, 1998)

Post  michellemanzo Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:04 am

Austin, did you notice that the description you took of Amazon for this book is the exact same as the one you got for "War of the Daleks"? Geez! So yeah, this doesn't have Davros in it. It's actually set 30 years after the Dalek Invasion of Earth.

In either case, this was a fun read for sure! Much better than I expected it to be. Granted, I don't really know what I expected it to be. It was fun seeing the aftermath of the Dalek invasion of Earth and the Daleks backup plan coming into action. They actually had a pretty good plot going there, and I love that even with all the war going on the Doctor defeats them just by making sure they run out of power.

At first I was really annoyed that Susan was in it, but she totally redeemed herself. She was actually fun in this book and I liked her actually being relevant and not just in trouble. She elevated to badass status. Wasn't expecting that, but this definitely had a satisfying conclusion for her.

Also loved the appearance of the Master, because he tends to be pretty awesome.

Overall, I really enjoyable read and another fun Dalek story!

michellemanzo

Back to top Go down